1. What are the values, goals and focuses of your organization?
2. How might they align with a local community partner's mission?
3. What are some social issues that your organization is passionate about addressing? e.g. group advocacy/ally-ship, education access, culturally-related etc.
1. You can search BengalLink, partner website, VolunteerWNY.org, contact organization directly, etc.
2. How long would your members like to spend on a service project? Remember to be flexible with community partner needs.
3. Ask members what opportunities appeal to them.
4. Choose a date and confirm participation with your members through a sign-up sheet.
5. Follow-up with the organization 2-3 days before the planned service date to confirm location, time and number of participants.
1. Organize a donation drive
2. Put on a fashion show
3. Prepare meals for the homeless and/or needy
4. Develop an educational workshop
5. Plan a fundraiser/event to benefit an organization
6. Have an art show
1. Ride the NFTA bus or subway, use your own personal vehicle, or walk!
1. Discuss sensitivity towards individuals who the organization serves.
2. Discuss acting professionally and respectfully towards all involved.
1. Dress comfortably and appropriately, avoiding t-shirts with offensive graphics etc.
2. Introduce yourself and your organization to community partner staff who you will be working with.
1. Before you leave, thank the community partner for their time and effort in helping you plan the project.
2. Have your members follow-up with a Thank You card (kind gesture and extra effort that community partners always appreciate).
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.